Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I want register a new handset for a wireless phone. Over 10…

Customer Question
I want...

I want register a new handset for a wireless phone

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Over 10 years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Lost one handset. Received new one about a week agojk

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so. Tanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me the model number of both the new handset and the original base station?

New handset is KXT931S.
New base is 80AXA

Those are incomplete and/or invalid. Can you recheck, please?

The handset will start with kg-tga, the base will start with kx-tg

Base iIS KG-TGA680S-R
Handset is KX-TGA931-S
Base is KXTGA680-R
Handset is KXTGA931-S

Thank you for the information, however that still is not quite right.

You are continuing to send a handset part number for both. I need the model number off the main base station (not a handset) for the old system, please. It will start with KX-TG, there is no A in it.

The base model is PNLC10001YAS. Serial number seems ti be 8DAXA.

That is the power cord.

The base will start with KG-TG, it is printed on a sticker on the main base station on the back.

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 10 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

The old base is model KXTG9341S
IF THIS CAN BE HANDLED BY EMAIL, LET'S DO IT THAT WAY.
I'll be back by 11 am

Thank you, ***** ***** that I needed.

Take the new handset, and key in Menu#130

then press and hold the Locator (find hs) button on the main base, for 5 seconds

then press OK on the new handset, it should sound a long beep to confirm it was linked.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

For 7 days I have been trying to register a handset I got to replace one I lost
I get messages that my answer is ready but even if I follow the instructions for getting the answer I don't get one. Last few times all I got were my last message. How can I get an answer by email? The case is closed but the case number *****
G9124038 (or S)

I sent you a written answer this morning, I had been unable to do so prior as I didn't have the correct model number from you.

Here is the info again:

Thank you, ***** ***** that I needed.Take the new handset, and key in Menu#130then press and hold the Locator (find hs) button on the main base, for 5 secondsthen press OK on the new handset, it should sound a long beep to confirm it was linked. Let me know if that works for you.Thanks,Nathan
Nathan -- I have tried the #130 several times but when I press the Locator b button on the
new handset I get a No link tubas message. You have xo patient through all y problems, and
and I really do appreciatte it. Hopefully you an help me get this done.
28 September 2017 02:03

You might not be holding it long enough, make sure you hold that locator button on the base station at least 5 seconds