Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Suddenly my phone messages turned into Spanish instead of…

Customer Question
Suddenly my phone messages...

Suddenly my phone messages turned into Spanish instead of English. What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Model # KX-TG4771

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Model # KX-TG4771. I don't know what the make is. This has been going on for over a month but I had to go away for several weeks and can just now attend to it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 10 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1)When you say the messages turned to Spanish, what does that mean? For example, if you call your phone number and try to leave a TEST MESSAGE, do you hear Spanish at any time during that process?

2) How are messages normally listened to (pressing PLAY on main base, or some other method)?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

These messages are the ones that are received when I am on the phone talking to someone, not the ones that are received when I am away and not able to answer the phone. when I want to get these messages I dial star 98, enter my password ***** then the messages are given - these are now given in Spanish instead of English. My landline provider is A T &T. Up until about a month or so ago, these were all given in English. I don't know what happened.
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 9 months ago

Hi again & sorry for any delay.

IF this is the "Voicemail Prompt" that is in Spanish, you should be able to change those prompts using the following steps.

Possible steps to change Voicemail Prompt language:
After you enter your passcode and are taken to the Main Menu:
Press 4 to change your personal options
Press 8 to change mailbox language
Press 2 to hear your mailbox prompts in English.

Please give that a try and let me know your results OR if this is NOT the "Prompt Language" that needs to be changed.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)