Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I have a Panasonic phone system -- base plus five hand

units. JA: How old is the...
I have a Panasonic phone system -- base plus five hand units.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: less than a week
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Up to today, it's worked fine. Today when I try to call out, the unit says "Mute" and I can hear the person called, but the person can't hear me.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
9/18/2017
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station.

2) Does this happen for ALL handsets of the system AND for ALL CALLS - both IN & OUT?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

I'm sorry - it looks like you posted this same question earlier, where another expert is trying to help you.

Please go to the following link to work with that expert.

http://www.justanswer.com/phone-systems/aop8q-panasonic-five-unit-phone-system-connected.html

Thanks, ***** *****

KX-TG78 ---- lathough in another spot it sqys KX-TG7875S.

Did you see my last note - about this same question being posted earlier?

I can TRY to call you - if you like - but I NEED to know the responses to the other questions posted above first. Let me send those again (below).

==========================

===============

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Phone call session started

Calling

Thanks for the call Bill.

I think they are trying to contact you now.

Support folks disconnected me about 1 minute ago.

I will try to call you again - to see if they got through.

Thanks for the calls Bill.

RECOMMENDATION: Try take make a few "extra" calls for the next day or so - to TEST that the calls are working in both directions (OUT & IN), and that you can be heard during those calls.

Then if the system seems to be "stable" (works well), you can call the support folks and let them know what is happening.

Take Good Care, Greg A.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer