Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

How to activate voice mail on Vtech Dect 6.0? Model ic 1135,

Customer Question
How to activate voice...

How to activate voice mail on Vtech Dect 6.0?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Model ic 1135

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Model # CS6 219-3

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

SN:JB###-##-####

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
9/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 9 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Please double check and reconfirm the FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with?

2) How long has this phone system been connected and in use?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Model CS 6219-3. SN:JB###-##-#### Using about a week. Telus is provider

Hi again and thanks for that information.

May I ask if you have a DIFFERENT phone connected to the Telus service AND could successfully access the Telus Voicemail system - using that different phone?

Thanks

Telus can give me voice mail, at a cost. Would rather 'see' if I could activate, as I have on other phones.

Hi again,

Sorry for any delay.

May I ask what "other phones" have been "activated"?

If you know the make & model of the other phones that may be helpful.

I only ask because "Voicemail" is a feature of most service providers.

If I could know about the other phones - and how they were activated, perhaps I could advise how to preform the same process with the Vtech system.

Telus said they could give me voice mail at a cost. Want to know if this phone can be done by me for voice mail, rather than Telus.

Hi again,

OK - I believe you are asking IF this Vtech system has a built-in "Answering system" (or not).

NOTE: I use the term "Answering system" deliberately because MOST manufacturers that have built-in systems that take messages use that term. I suspect this is to help point out that an "Answering system" and a "Voicemail system" are two DIFFERENT and SEPARATE systems.

So IF that is your question, the answer is no - the Vtech CS6129 systems DO NOT have a built-in Answering system.

An easy way to tell if a particular model includes an Answering system is to look at the MAIN BASE station, and see if there are any "extra buttons/controls" - for playing back or managing the messages stored there.

Another way is to look through any user guide and check the table of contents for anything regarding an Answering system - such as how to set the number or rings, record your own greeting or announcement, etc.

I hope this helps answer your question. Please let me know if you have any more questions or would like any advice about selecting a system that DOES include a built-in Answering system.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you today.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)