Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I want to put my own message on my answering system, but…

Customer Question
I want to put...

I want to put my own message on my answering system, but I've lost the manual.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Uniden Dect 6.0

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

A long time, I've tried from time to time, but it has been going on a long time. several months.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

My telephone now has a mechanical voice in the answerer. I want to record my own voice message

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
9/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phone/answering system.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station.

2) If I can find an electronic version of the manual for you - would that be useful for you?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

model number: BZOOO762372
2. DO YOU mean something on the internet instead of somethimg which can be printed out?3.Vonage
OK Can the Technician speak via the internet?
I have to leave my house soon. When can I call on you again? Will I have to spend another $5.?
OK. I can't stay next to my phone now. I must leave for another appointment.
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi - this is Expert Russell H. of JustAnswer.com. ... Pardon me, my posting was made by a mistake. You may resume with Expert Greg.

Hi again,

It looks like some system issue blocked me from responding for a while, but now I can.

Back to the system model: MOST Uniden phone systems start with a letter or two, and then comes four numbers.

EXAMPLES: D1760, DECT4096.

Please look for a model similar to that format, and send it back here.

Also, you MAY find the model number printed INSIDE the battery compartment of any cordless phones.

Thanks, ***** *****

Are you sure my phone is a cordless one? The phone is connected with an electricity source.

Yesterday I did send you a model number which was printed on a sticker on the bottom of the phone. It was BZ00076237.

I don't know where the battery compartment is on the phone. I didn't know it had a battery! Which doesn't mean that is doesn't have a battery.

Hi again,

RE: "Are you sure my phone is a cordless one?"

You mentioned "Uniden Dect 6.0" in the original question exchange.

DECT 6.0 is a cordless phone "technology", so I'm pretty sure this is a cordless phone. OR it is a cordless phone BASE STATION.

Also, the long number sent (BZ00076237) looks more like a serial number - and does not identify the system.

Let me send an image of one of the main base units I had in the shop, showing where the MODEL may be. You may have to click the link below to see the image.

Let me know if you see something similar on the sticker that is on your system.

Thanks

(im)

thanks.

You're quite welcome.

Did you find the model of your system - and can send it back to me?

Thanks

(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

My expert needed more information. I was unable to find anything resembling what he was looking for. He couldn't proceed without more information. I was not able to find any for him. Therefore the attempt to help me with my problem was a failure. I can't give any rating because nothing happened.

Hi again,

Did you SEE the image I sent - of the EXAMPLE label on the back of one particular Uniden system?

Thanks

No, I didn't see the image of an example on the back of another uniden system.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Greg A. But I think this method is not possible to use in this circumstance. I believe it is a failure of this method . I haven't received an answer to my question. So I don't want to use Just Answer. It is not useful for me and it is not appropriate as a source of information for me. There is nothing wrong with me either. I have a doctorate degree from McGill University and a certified IQ of 140.

The problem is with "Just Ask" not the "expert" or the client, so I can't rate the expert.

Hi again,

If you want to see the example image, you should be able to CLICK HERE to see it. Then you can compare it to the label you DID SEE on YOUR system - with what I believe was a "serial number" of BZ00076237.

NOTE: I'm just TRYING to find a way to get this issue resolved for you, by getting the model of the Uniden system.

Thanks

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer