Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have aKX-Ttem which nas 4 phones. I would like to purchase…

Customer Question
I have aKX-Ttem which...

I have aKX-Ttem which nas 4 phones. I would like to purchase another phone for thec systwm . Visions where I purchased the system says I have to contact Panasonic to purchase anotner phone

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

About 2 cyearsold

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just want to add another phone4 to the systwm

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
9/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model should start with KX-TG then followed by 3 or more numbers).

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

KX-TDG220C

Hi again and thanks for that information.

May I ask if you have any electronics or office supply stores in your area?

I only ask because there may be a store close by where the extra handsets are available. I would think any store that carries Panasonic cordless phones may have extra handsets for sale.

By the way, the MODEL of an Extra Handset for this system should be KX-TGDA20, and that should come with a "charger" too.

If you have access to Amazon, you may be able to find them there also.

See link below.

Click Here --> http://amzn.to/2x4yMQB

Please let me know what stores you have in your area and I may be able to check them for you.

Thanks, ***** *****

vISIONS IS THE NAME OF THE STORE WHERE i PURCHASED THE SYSTEM they to;d meI had to go to Panason[c to get another phone'

I understand that Visions is where the phone was purchased.

Do you have any OTHER STORES in your area?

Or if you can tell me your area (city / post code) perhaps I could do a search for stores in your area.

Thanks

In the Insstruction Book On page 5 Optional handsets are available but it doesn*t say where. VISIONS TOLD ME i HAD TO CONTACT PANASONIC TO GET THE KX-tgda20C.from them.

Hi again,

I understand that the folks at VISIONS told you that you HAD TO CONTACT PANASONIC.

What I am saying is that you MAY be able to get the extra accessory handsets from a different store in your area OR by ordering them online.

Was that information received and understood?

Thanks

I tried Wallmart, London Drugs, in the Surrey area which handle the Panasonic System who said the same thing. i dont know what else to do.

OK - I see that there are a couple of "Staples" Office Supply stores in that area.

Have you contacted those stores and asked about Panasonic Accessory Handsets?

Another alternative would be to purchase a different Panasonic SYSTEM that has the handsets you need (such as a KX-TGD212 - no built-in answering system), and then register those handsets to the KX-TGD220 base unit.

I mention this alternative because often SYSTEMS can be purchased for less cost than purchasing the extra accessory handsets.

Let me know what you think of that alternative.

Thanks

I just did a search of Amazon Canada and see the following listing for these handsets. NOTE that the cost relatively high, and finding a SYSTEM as mentioned earlier may be a lower cost than purchasing two extra handsets.

Click Here --> https://www.amazon.ca/Panasonic-KXTGDA20-Additional-KX-TGC21x-KX-TGD22x/dp/B06X1DKG8F/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505417314&sr=8-1&keywords=kxtgda20

Please let me know if you have any other sources you can check - such as other office supply stores.

It says in thetheK X-tgda20c is available but not where to purrchace it. VISIONS SAYS I NEED YO CONTACT PANASONIC.

Hi again,

Sorry for any delayed response.

When you say "It says in thetheK X-tgda20c is available but not where to purrchace it." - what "It" are you referring to?

NOTE: I checked the Panasonic website - and noted that these systems (KX-TGD2xx series) have been marked as "discontinued". That MAY be the reason that you are NOT finding the available - at Visions or other stores or retail outlets. In most cases with such discontinued products, if you really want a specific model of that product, that means searching and finding "other sources" - such as online at Amazon or eBay.

The alternative solution I provided above (purchasing a "system" with the extra handsets) MAY be your best bet in the short term.

I hope this all makes sense. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer