Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Is there a battery to preserve time of day and system

Customer Question
Is there a battery...

Is there a battery to preserve time of day and system settings in a Panasonic KX-TA624?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

KX-TA624, 10+ years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Power reset and all settings were lost

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope just need to know if there's a replaceable battery somewhere in the KSU

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

The only battery you have is in the handset, the recharable batteries, these you would change if the handset loses power very quickly.

If you constantly lose settings, it indicates an issue with the internal memory and this is not storing the information correctly.

But if you set the settings again, does it lose them?

Please let me know

it seems to keep forgetting the settings on power off, no matter what I do. What is the recommended fix then? Do I need a new motherboard or something?

Thanks

It is the internal memory that has faulted which resides on the mainboard

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

This is for the KSU (the brains), not the handset phone itself. Given that, what are the options? Is there a replacement KSU board available, or do I need to replace the entire KSU itself? (I'm a PBX tech trying to help a client with this system)

yes on the base unit but no they do not sell them they only hold them for resellers for repairs.

Reason is the cost of replacement outweighs the value of the phone, and this model they do not even make anymore as all warranties are now gone.

You would need to purchase a replacement