Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Does the Vtech 6.0 have a build in answering system? The 5.8

Customer Question

Does the Vtech 6.0 have a build in answering system? The 5.8 did.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Just a sec.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just got the phone and started using it 2 days ago. It is a CS6719 series.
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to set up the answering machine.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

If you still need help with this question:

Let me say that Vtech, like other manufacturers, does indeed make cordless phone systems that include a built-in answering system. But they also make cordless phone systems that do NOT include an answering system - used mostly by folks that use a "Voicemail system" from their phone service provider.

As an example of how to identify IF a particular system includes a built-in answering system, I have included a couple of links below (to Amazon listings) that show what these systems look like. If you look at the MAIN BASE UNIT of each system, you should notice that the system WITH the built-in answering system has MORE CONTROL BUTTONS on the MAIN BASE, while the system WITHOUT the answering system typically has only ONE button.

CS6719-2 System (WITHOUT Answering System)
http://amzn.to/2jrq3TS

CS6729-2 System (WITH Answering System)
http://amzn.to/2wY5t2V

So IF you need a system that has a built-in answering system, I would recommend returning the current CS6719 system - if you can - and look for a system that does include such a system.

On the other hand, IF you have a "voicemail feature/service" - from your service provider - I would recommend contacting your service provider for specific steps for how to set up that system and use it.

I hope this helps. Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions about these different phone systems.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)