Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I can no longer receive caller id on my cordless phone, not

Customer Question

I can no longer receive caller id on my cordless phone
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: not sure - perhaps five years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: no trouble shooting - about 3 months
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: model # KK=7GEA20
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model sent is for a cordless handset).

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Do you have ANY other "Caller ID capable" devices/phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Model #KK-7GEA20. Our service is with AT&T. We have no other phones or service in our home,
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hi again,

As mentioned above, the model number sent is for a cordless handset.

If you can, please try to find the LARGER BASE UNIT, and look for a model printed there and send that back.

TIP: Look for a model that STARTS with KX-TG, but has NO "A" in it.

Another DIFFERENT question: Do you have a friend or neighbor close by, where you could either:

a) borrow a Caller ID phone to TEST at your location OR

b) Take the Panasonic main base and one handset, and TEST the Caller ID function when connected to their phone line?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 30 days ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)