Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a KX-TG6591. How can I turn off the audio when the

Customer Question

I have a KX-TG6591. How can I turn off the audio when the phone rings? We don't want to hear the audio telling us who is calling,. Thaanks
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Less than 6 months. We bought for my 94 year old father who moved down here 6 months ago. He passed away 8/21.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I replaced 2 of my older portable phones with the Panasonic. I couldn't find anything in the manual.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you confirm that the handset(s) is "speaking" the Caller ID or perhaps NAME of the person that is calling?

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this same issue?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 29 days ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)