Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Ringer off for several days. Panasonic. older phone, don't

Ringer off for several days.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Panasonic. older phone, don't know model
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Haven't tried anything until today. Ringer went off when call came in a 2:45 a.m. about three weeks ago, before Harvey hit Houston
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I haven't a clue as to what else I should do or ask.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model should start with KX-TG).

2) Can you still get a dial tone and make OUTGOING calls successfully?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was not aware that I was going to pay for an answer to my google question as to how I get my phone's ringer back in service. I followed a utube video and apparently got all the bells and whistles on the ringer relaxed. I had no clue that I would be signing up for a monthly service that would be charging me for such a simple google question. Just one more reason why I'm terrified of using a computer. A 2-yr old could make it work. I don't have those skills.

Hi again,

From your last post, I will assume that your Google search results sent you here - to JustAnswer.com - where you posted your question.

Just in case you were not aware, JustAnswer.com is a paid support service. It is NOT free help.
Typically there is a $5 deposit - to POST your question - plus an agreed upon amount, with the total balance paid upon receiving an answer.

Now that you are aware of this, please let me know if you would like to continue towards a solution to your question.

Thanks

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Apparently the Panasonic make/model is a DECT 6.0 PLUS

Very good.

If you can, please find the MAIN BASE STATION of the system (LARGER base), and look on the bottom or back for a sticker/label - -which SHOULD have a model that starts with KX-TG and then has a few numbers behind that.

NOTE: DECT 6.0 applies to many different models.

Thanks

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Panasonic Model Number KX-TG 4021I'm neither computer or equipment savey. Sorry . . . .

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - now that I know the model of the system, I can now send some ENHANCED instructions about how to set the "Ringer Volume" for the handset(s) of this system.

NOTE: This is an older system, where we MUST go through a series of "menu & sub-menu" selections - to change ANY setting within the system.

Please let me know when you can see the image I have attached, and I can explain - in text - how this menu & sub-menu system works.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
No images, words, etc. indicting that you sent an answer.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Greg A.,I give up. I used a Google u-tube how to set the ups & down volumes just b-4 I signed on with you about a week ago. It's now 11:01 AM Sep. 20 in Houston. The screen on my extension phone continues to show that the Ringer is off with a [1] in the right corner of the screenIn the meantime, You asked a question about another phone. AT&T covers my network service.
There is a CONAIRPHONE hanging on the wall by my computer. It has been there since this stand alone computer was put into service shortly after 2004.There are so many notes from you that I don't know where to go next. Since I 'm not doing well physically, I'm going to have to call it a loss on this side of the fence. The two extension Panasonic phones were given to me about two years ago. I'll continue to live with this old extension phone as it is.I'll give you a gold star when I locate your rating page so you can post it on the chart by your bed when you go to sleep tonight. O.K.? Thanks for your patience. . . .

Hi again and thanks for the 5-star rating.

IF you did not see the instructions I sent, let me try to send them again.

>> CLICK HERE <<

IF you can see those instructions, please TRY to use them and let me know if you can interpret and use them to get through the menu system to ANY of the sub-menus.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)