Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I have the tech model CS6114. I can't get it to work. It is

Customer Question
I have the tech model...
I have the tech model CS6114. I can't get it to work. It is connected to my router and wall socket. What do I do next?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 2 months old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: A couple of day of charge and I've hooked up to a naber's line and he said iterate worked over tt
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
9/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phone(s).

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you CONFIRM that the phone works well - when connected at your neighbor's location & phone service?

2) Have you EVER had this phone SUCCESSFULLY connected to YOUR provider's phone service before?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Vtech system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

That what he said. I don't hear it for myself.
This is my first landline phone.
Cox
Just my wifi

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - if this is a NEW Landline Phone service - from Cox - may I ask WHEN the service was supposed to be "activated"?

Also, are there MULTIPLE "phone jacks" on the Cox modem - where the phone cord can be connected?

And are there ANY indicator "lights" on the front Cox modem that are LABELED "phone" or "TEL 1", or something like that?

Thanks

There is 2jacks with each has their own light

OK - what about the FRONT of the modem?

Any indicator lights there?

Any LABELS near those lights?

Weather light is on.

"Weather light is on"

????

Let me also ask again:

if this is a NEW Landline Phone service - from Cox - WHEN the service was supposed to be "activated"?

You'll have to excuse me my mind says to push Sutton keys and my hands do what they want to.

You're excused :).

Take your time and try to respond to my last question, about WHEN the new landline service was supposed to be activated.

Thanks

About 2 months ago. Just before I went into the hospital and I haven't had any time to work on it till now.

OK - very good.

So that means that the service may have NOT been activate at all - is that correct?

To find out if that DID happen, do you or a household member have access to any BILL from the provider - to see if the PHONE SERVICE has been added to the cost?

Thanks

No only when I signed up for the landline.

OK - so if there is no access to the billing statement, we can not use that method to see if the service was activated.

Do you have ANY OTHER method of contacting the service provider (Cox), to check on the status of the PHONE SERVICE activation?

Possible contact methods:

- Using a DIFFERENT phone (cell, neighbor's phone, etc.) - to CALL their "Technical support" folks.

- Ability to "log in to" the Cox account - online.

Please let me know.

I'm locked out till tomorrow. Sorry about wasting your time. I'll try back later. Thank you.

You're not "wasting my time" - as I LIKE to help find solutions for folks just like yourself.

Send me a note back tomorrow and I will see what I can do about getting you some contact options - for the local Cox services.

Talk to you then, Greg A.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer