Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I can get only a busy signal (Beep-Beep-Beep). If I dial, it

Customer Question

I can get only a busy signal (Beep-Beep-Beep). If I dial, it sounds like I'm going through but then returns to the beeping. The screen on the remotes show Line in use.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's a Panasonic; one desktop and 5 remotes. I don't know the model because I couldn't fine the manual.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 3 days. The phone is 5 or more years old. I've unplugged all phone and disconnected the phone line inputs.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the main base station, not the handset, it starts with kx-tg)

Expert:  Nathan replied 29 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.