Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have two sets. One has the answering system and the other

Customer Question

I have two sets. One has the answering system and the other is satellite. The phone hand set that sit on answering does not work. Everything else works find.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Just bough it about 1 month ago at dollar general.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Not a whole lot. I try to program the phone so it would know the phone number. Not much to do, everything else works
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the model of your system (found on the main base station)?

What specifically is or is not working on that handset?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Model number CS6124. The handset sits on a working answering machine and when you pick it up it says no line.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not have the money to talk on ph.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

I m not asking you to spend more. You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish. Please focus on the chat here instead.

This would indicate a defective handset, which is very common with these systems as they age. The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from the handset
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Were you able to try the reset steps I mentioned?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.