Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My answering system does not accept messages. I was told by…

Customer Question
My answering system does...

My answering system does not accept messages. I was told by a friend that when she tries to leave a message, it says that this mailbox is not set up. I have had it set up for years and it has served me well. I tried phoning myself from my cell phone and what I noticed is that after 3 or 4 rings, the system said on my phone that the mail box was not set up but in the other room I heard my answering tape speaking my message. Seemingly something get cut off so the message does not give the prompt for a message and instead gives the message of no set up. I read the troubleshooting for this kind of problem from the original booklet and deleted all messages. It changed nothing for me, so please HELP.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Uniden. D1483/D1484 series

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It happened last Thursday. Then it worked on Friday and has not worked since. I tired to delete all messages.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

That is as much info that I have at present

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
9/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 11 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phone/answering system.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

2) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Uniden system) attached to this same phone line?

3) Can you do a quick TEST for me? That TEST is to CHANGE the "ring time" on the Answering system to TWO, and then repeat the TEST CALL from the cell phone, and then let me know if you are able to successfully leave a TEST MESSAGE.

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks