Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Have bought a used uniden dect 6.0 answereing base for 12…

Customer Question
Have bought a used...

Have bought a used uniden dect 6.0 answereing base for 12 phones wich is a uniden D1680-3 model #. It came with 3 phones already registered to the base. I had 3 new phones which had not been registered to any base, they registered to this base also. My other phones which had been registered to the old base that lightening had knocked out won't re-register to this new base? I have de-rregistered them but they keep failing to re-register to this new (used0 base?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

About 6 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just this weekend after I received the used base/answering machine

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
9/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 11 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you CONFIRM that the handsets that do not register are the same model as the handsets that ARE registered to the current base unit?

2) When you successfully registered the 3 NEW handsets, what was the HIGHEST "number" that was assigned during that process?

3) Did the handsets that did NOT register EVER display "Registering" on their displays, and then displayed "Registration failed"?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

The handsets are all the same model. the highest number that was assigned was 6. These 6 were the 3 that came with the used base and 3 new ones I had from a new set purchased a couple years ago. All the sets that didn't register did say they were registering on the display after deregistering them but then it said they failed "Registration failed" and to try again. I retried all of them several times but no luck, that's why I'm asking for help. I don't get cell phone service where I live so I wouldn't put my cell # down because I can't receive texts until get near the city I work in.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - can you do a TEST for me?

That TEST is use one of the WORKING handsets to go through the DEREGISTER HS process, and check the LIST that should appear.

The idea is to TEST to see if the "new used base" has all the spaces "filled" for handsets.

Thanks

it never showed me a list of phones listed but when I asked to deregister is asked if I wanted to deregister that number of the phone? I answered yes and it deregistered it #(5) and when I reregistered it gave me #(5) the same number and I again tried the other phones and they would reregister but still no list of phones shown on the screen?
hey wouldn't reregister....I typed the wrong word in the last sentence. sorry about that.

OK - let me send you the instructions I have, and you can try them - to see if you can see the "list".

Back soon with that.

I also have a link to a video that shows WHAT these steps may look like - on a similar system.

NOTE: The system in the video only supports SIX handsets, so that is why he mentions that during the video.

Click Here for video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LbWkujEOS4

Please let me know your results - when you can.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Sorry, I had to go out of town, be back tuesday 9-19-17 will retry, so far I haven't gotten it to work. thanks, ***** ***** in touch.

No worries.

Please send me a note back when you are able to try some of the things listed.

I'm here almost every day to help.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)