Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have a vtech cordless phone with doorbell camera Message

i have a vtech cordless phone with doorbell camera Message says "DB1lowbatt' IS there a local store to buy a battery? How much will it cost?
JA: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Phone System Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).
Customer: Dont understand can I just replace the battery?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Where do I find that info?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I put on charger but DB1low batt keeps coming up
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: where to find model number

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

You most likely have the IS7121 model system,

assuming so, that message means that the battery in the doorbell camera unit is low. That camera is really designed to run off of household power, through the wiring that went to your prior hardwired door bell. It does however also contain a backup battery, or can run off batteries if wiring is not available, though it wouldn't last long that way. The door camera simply uses 2 standard AA batteries.

You'll need to remove the camera from the wall mount, and there is a screw on the bottom to remove allowing access to the battery cover, then you can install 2 new batteries (lithium batteries are recommended, because they last longer), and reinstall the cover and camera.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you I'll give it a try

You are very welcome!