Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Some time when I dial out I don't get a ring tone. Can you…

Customer Question
Some time when I...

Some time when I dial out I don't get a ring tone. Can you tell me what I should do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is an Oma Telo less than a year old serial # MS1632K10837

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I wait for a while and then it works. I just noticed this in the last week

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Activation code on the device is 34bb5c6

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/8/2017
Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Michael Hannigan

eHello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

Has it been acting this way since you purchased it?

I just noticed it lately

Does it happen to be on local calls mostly?

no
what is happening?

I would still probably turn off 10 digit dialing in your ooma account.

10 digit dialing allows you to dial long distance without a 1, but it can also take time to connect while it determines if you are making a 10 digit call. If you ALWAYS make calls using 10 digits, then this isn't an issue.

We are chatting.

What type of internet service do you have?

Thanks I'll give it a try

The other thing you can do so that ooma knows you are done dialing is to press the # after dialing a number. At least that's a way to test it and force what you have dialed so far to be used.

That way, if it's missing a digit or something like that (not getting all the tones), you'll know that using that little trick.

Also, I would reboot your internet modem and router by unplugging them, and then connecting again in the following order.

Cable modem (or modem depending on type of service)

Router

Ooma and other devices.

Wait for each to fully start before turning on the next.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

If I have been helpful, please remember to click the 5 star rating and submit before leaving. Thank you!

Please let me know if you have any questions about how to do the rating. It's an important part of the process. I am available to you if you need me, so please reply either way to let me know if your problem is resolved or not. Thank you!

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer