Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Deleted voicemail message,need to reinstall one need

Customer Question
Deleted voicemail message,need to...

Deleted voicemail message,need to reinstall one need assistance

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Just says vtech all over phone in florida in possible path of Irma office phone really important

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just happened-weather still ok so not issue tried menu went to answering system went to record memo that did not do job

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No hank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
9/8/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phone/message system.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station.

2) When you say "voicemail message", are you referring to a greeting or announcement that is heard when folks call and the message system picks up?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Greeting. Century link. Model DS6101

Hi again and thanks for that information.

The DS6101 appears to be the model of an "accessory handset" - perhaps for a 2-line system.

May I ask if you can find the MAIN BASE - and find a slightly different number there?

Thanks

Hi again,

I just saw your call request, but unfortunately I'm not near a phone right now to be able to call. However another expert may respond to your call request before I can reach a phone.

We can also continue here in this chat/text form.

If that will work for you, please let me know if you can find the MAIN BASE UNIT model.

Thanks

Ds151

OK - did you miss a digit - as most Vtech systems are at least four digits long.

Also, is any "built-in" answering system of the Vtech being used to take your messages OR the provider's "voicemail" system (they are two SEPARATE systems)?

Hi again,

Did we get disconnected?

Did you see my last note - about at least a FOUR DIGIT model number?

NOTE: I should be able to reach a phone I can call on in a few minutes - if you still need that call.

Please respond back here - if you can.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer