Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have model CD1113 phone for my garage and it's stopped

Customer Question

I have model CD1113 phone for my garage and it's stopped ringing on incoming calls? Larry.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: About two months.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't know when it stopped ringing. I noticed it about a week ago.I seemed to have mislaid any instructions I may have received with it.
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can you give me a moment to get the phone from the garage so I'll have it for the discussion?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and even if "...stopped ringing on incoming calls...", is there a dial tone? ...and are you still able to successfully make an outgoing call?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
there is a dial tone. I haven't actually tried making an outgoing call with it. We have received calls on it and it works fine. Just no ring on incoming calls.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Have you tried sliding the Ringer On/Off switch to On? ...at the side of the telephone base?

Please click / tap HERE for illustrated instructions if have not been tried.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not spending $35 on a phone that I only paid $12 for at Walmart. It was to be a cheap phone for the garage but it seems it's becoming too complicated.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Please see above.

Still, my participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues as well as related information.
Billings & payments concerns including membership/subscription are best addressed by Customer Support.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK. I'm going to pitch the phone. Do I get my $5 back?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Request for cancellation, refunds as well as billings & payments concerns are best addressed by Customer Support.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will do.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated-systems / machine-generated followups, ads & offers.