Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

We have a KX TG 5633 Panasonic cordlee phone. Now when we

Customer Question

We have a KX TG 5633 Panasonic cordlee phone. Now when we are usig a phone and someone calls us, we don't get a beep or any notice on the phone we are using and caller gets voice message to enter a code and can't leave a message.
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Model KX TG 5633. We have a base phone and two mobile phones. We used to get a beep if someone called while we were talking. We don't know what the code is that the person calling is asked to enter
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Couple months. We called Cox and were told it is a phone problem
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I suspect that a setting on your phone is wrong, or has changed, eliminating the 'someone is trying to call you' beep signal.

Please tell me, is your phone service landline, or is it digital phone service through a COX box and an internet connection, or the like? The exact setting to restore or set would depend upon this.