Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I cannot retrieve(hear) my messages. I set up the

directives. JA: Just to clarify, what's...
I cannot retrieve(hear) my messages. I set up the directives.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: CS6719-2
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: New Phone
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
8/19/2017
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with the phones or messages.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) How are the messages "normally" retrieved - before getting this phone system?

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the new system) attached to this same phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.

Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Phone call or screen share

Hi again,

I don't know what "Phone call or screen share" is referring to.

If you can, please respond to the questions I posted about this issue.

Thanks

ok
push message button to hear
Att
all connected

OK - please let me ask for a little more detail starting with #1.

What "message button" was pushed (where is/was it located), to retrieve messages BEFORE this system was connected?

I went through the set up last night , deleting messages etc., push 7, etc. to delete messages, but could not get the message#1 yesterday since my new phone

OK - maybe I need to ask

1a) What phone system was in place BEFORE this system was connected?

Was it also a Vtech phone, and if so, what is/was its model number?

Do I have to enter my seven digit code to get a message every time?
NO
No it was not tech
? gone with the trash

Please understand that this is NOT an "instant" system, and it takes a few moments for me to type my responses.

So let me ask specifically about the Message system being used?

Is this a Voicemail System - from the service provider?

ok
no phone call

As mentioned earlier:

ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me),
Please continue to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Pending question:

I don't know...My son set it up and he is no longer visitingMaybe

OK - let's see if we can find out IF this is a voicemail system.

Please CONFIRM that the phone service provider is AT&T.

Also, can you pick up one of the phones, press the TALK and QUICKLY LISTEN for the dial tone, and tell me if you hear any "beeps" or "pulsed" dial tones BEFORE the STEADY dial tone?

Probably from service providerATT
How do I know
Apple everything
smart phone and Mac OCS

Please do the following - using one of the Vtech handsets:

Pick up one of the phones (while not on a call),

press the TALK and QUICKLY LISTEN for the dial tone,

and tell me if you hear any "beeps" or "pulsed" dial tones BEFORE the STEADY dial tone?

no beeps

OK - NEXT TEST

Please pick up any handset, press the TALK or SPEAKER button, wait for the clear dial tone, then

Dial * 9 8 (star-nine-eight)

Let me know what you hear in response to dialing those keys.

I can dial out and my phone rings from a caller.

I understand and thanks for that information.

What we are trying to determine right now is IF there is a Voicemail system - from AT&T - active for your phone service.

Please try the "NEXT TEST" mentioned above, and let me know the results.

heard 2 messages
one missed
says no more, but new mail still and this call was expected
Can't hear it and says on handset new mail....envelope icon
I press and nothing
Now says 3 missed messages

OK - on MOST voicemail systems there is a "voice prompt" that tells what to do - to listen to messages.

When reaching the voicemail system, you can normally press a "command code" too, to listen to the messages. I believe in the AT&T system the code to listen to the message is pressing the number 1 (one).

Can you try that, and let me know what happens?

no sound

no sound ??? What does that mean?

do it call me

I don't understand "do it call me".

Please explain.

I now see your phone call request, and will try to call when I get a free line (phone is in use right now).

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Phone call session started

Thanks for the call Karen.

Please let me know the results of:

Press SPEAKER and LISTEN ... do you hear the BEEPS before the clear dial tone?

Press OFF.

WAIT a few seconds.

Press and HOLD VM-1 key - to dial VM access number (that is hopefully stored).

See if that gets you into the voicemail system - to hear message I left.

Thanks

Karen,

IF you can, Send me a note back here when you are rested and have tried the instructions I have sent.

I will try to call back at the appointed time - to check on your progress.

Take Care, Greg A.

Hi again Karen.

I think we got the correct VM access number STORED in the Vtech phone now .... so that all that is needed to access the Voicemail system is a single push and hold of the number 1 key.

As a reminder, you MAY want to WRITE DOWN the FULL sequence we had to store, and tape it to the bottom of the main base of the system and store it somewhere else too - where you know you can find it.

Thanks again for allowing me to help with this issue.

Take Good Care, Greg A.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer