Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Need to change security code number for messages & cant work…

Need to change security...

Need to change security code number for messages & cant work out how.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Uniden xdect sse37

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Since nbn connected last week

8/18/2017
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phone/answering system.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Are you physically near the phone system now?

2) Can the answering system still be accessed from a remote phone - using the current security code? If so, how many digits is that code (don't send the code, just how many digits have to be entered to access the system)

3) What steps have been tried so far, and how far did you get through the steps?

4) Do you have an "owner's manual" for this system available?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

1 near phone 2 6digits + hash 3told this code is invalid. tried various other codes 4 have owners manual

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - if you are having to enter SIX digits, I suspect you are actually dealing with a DIFFERENT message system - such as a "Voice Mail" system (or "message bank) from your service provider.

I say this because if you refer to ANY section of the Uniden manual that contains the phrase "Security Code" - you will note that it mentions a TWO-DIGIT security code - between the values of 01-99.

So may I ask what phone service provider you have for this phone line and how long you have had this phone service?

Hi again,

I just saw your call request, but unfortunately I'm not available by phone for this question However another expert may respond to your call request at any time.

We can also continue here in this chat/text form.

If this chat form will work for you, please let me know:

1) What phone service provider you have for this phone line and how long you have had this phone service?

2) How do you "normally" access your messages - either at home or away from home?

Thanks

1 telstra 8yrs 2 home

Very good.

For question 2) What steps are used - to listen to the messages from home?

That is, do you

a) touch a single button on the main base unit,

b) pick up a handset and dial into the service, and then enter that six digit code,

c) or do something else?

pick up handset dial 101 then 6digit code

OK - very good.

Those steps tend to CONFIRM that the Telstra "MessageBank" is being used for messages - and NOT the built-in answering system of the Uniden unit.

So the steps to access the MessageBank remotely are a little different than from home.

I have grabbed the instructions for making various changes to the MessageBank settings (from a home phone) AND the steps to access your MessageBank from a remote phone.

I have attached those instructions as an image, and you may need to click the image name below this screen to see the image.

Please let me know if you can see that image, and understand the DIFFERENT STEPS needed to access the MessageBank from a remote phone.

Thanks, ***** *****

thank you so much for your help. i should have realise
d it was not a phone problem. 5Stars FRANK

You're quite welcome Frank.

As an added reference, I have a link to the "Home Features User Guide" - from Telstra. This is an electronic (PDF) document that should either display or download when clicking the link.

Click Here --> https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/home-phone/pdf/home-features-user-guide-c020.pdf

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)