Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Panasonic phone tg785 I use menu code to turn talking off.

Customer Question

panasonic phone tg785 I use menu code to turn talking cid off. how do I save the off setting
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: kx-tg785. Correct code. Aftet I get the word off(which I want_) on the screen I can not figure out how to save the new setting of Off
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Phone is new The directions say to save the desired setting. There is no key for enter or save I do not know how to save a chane I make in the menu
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & Welcome,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier.

When you enter the code and SEE the OFF selection, do you see the word SAVE - at the lower part of the DISPLAY?

If so, press the soft key (button) directly below that word - to SAVE your selection.

Then press the OFF button - to exit programming.

Please give that a try and let me know what you see - and your results.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

As an additional reference, I have a link to a video that shows how to turn the Talking Caller ID OFF (or ON) - on a similar unit.

NOTE: The handset and system shown may not match your system exactly, but the steps are the SAME.

Also, this process will need to be done on EACH handset you want to control for this feature.

Click here for Video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh78tGo47tI

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if that worked for you or if you have any more questions.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)