Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My problem is with a panasonic cordless phone system. Can

Customer Question

Hello, my problem is with a panasonic cordless phone system. Can you help?
JA: Did this handset come with your Panasonic system, or was it bought separately?
Customer: We have 5 pnones , it was not bought seperately .
JA: Do all the handsets show the same message?
Customer: The problem seems to be that after you talk for 5 or 6 minutes, the person who we are talking to can no longer hear us.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base unit.

2) What is the AGE of this system?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) Do you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1. kx-tge445b with 5 handsets.
2.about 7 weeks.
3. Spectrum.
4. no.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

I just saw your call request, but unfortunately I'm not near a phone right now to be able to call. However another expert may respond to your call request before I can reach a phone.

We can also continue here in this chat/text form.

If that will work for you, can you tell me if you can borrow a different phone to connect to the line - for the purposes of TESTING?

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We can continue here. The phone no. I gave you is not the panasonic number.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Do you have access to a DIFFERENT phone - such as a basic corded phone - that can be attached to the phone line - for TESTING?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

OK - does this issue happen with ALL handsets - assuming that more than one handset has been TESTED?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it's the same with all of them.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

OK - I would really like to TEST - with a DIFFERENT phone.

Do you happen to have an older phone in storage (garage, basement, etc.) that can be used for TESTING?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No we don't. Ithink it might be a battery problem that doesn't keep it's charge long enough. Just a thought.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Do you keep the handsets in the chargers - when not in use?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Let me ask if you have tried the SPEAKER PHONE feature - on the MAIN BASE - when this happens?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No my wife didn't try that.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

The speakerphone in the base does NOT run on batteries - so that might be a good TEST.

Can you try that - as an experiment?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We might be able to do that as an experiment. Does the phone base have a speaker button?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Yes - there should be a speaker phone button.

Lower - right of the number keypad

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it does, but not conveniet to try it right now. How can I contact you later? And cancel the call and the $26. please.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Yes - you can just send a note right back here - when you get a chance to do this TEST.

I know it may take a while - since it doesn't happen for 5-6 minutes into a conversation.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok. When I get back on, will I be directed to send you a msg?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

You can just return to this page and post a note - saying that the TEST is done - and the results.

I will get a notice that you have posted a note here and will get back to you as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok. thanks and are we done for now?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Until we have done the test, we can take break.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok signing off for now.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Very good ... I will look for your test results later.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)