Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a model KX TGEA20 cordless phone and the date and

Customer Question

I have a model KX TGEA20 cordless phone and the date and time is resetting to Jan 2, 2017. I have tried to reset it to the current date and time but within a half hour it resets back to Jan 2, 2017 3:24 AM
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone system?
Customer: Panasonic kx tgea20
JA: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic system? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just noticed this yesterday and as I stated I go to the set date and time and changed it to the current time and date
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones and the date and time settings.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base unit (model sent is for a single cordless handset).

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Have you noticed HOW LONG it takes for the date & time to go back to to Jan. 2 @ whatever time is displayed - once you enter the correct date and time?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks