Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I am putting in my password and it is giving me an error…

Customer Question
I am putting in...

I am putting in my password ***** it is giving me an error message. I tried putting in the default password, and again an error message. So now I am completely locked out of the system.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Linear TECH 1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?

It has been going on for a month. I just keep putting in the password ***** the default password. I don't know what else to try.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
8/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Customer Service replied 9 months ago
Josh, Customer Service

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

I apologize that you had to wait a while.

Do you still need help with your issue?

but the intercom is at work, and I am at home now. Can we continue on Monday?

Sure; please reply back when you are free.

I am ready to work on intercom

What is the error message?

I put in the password ***** it tells me error. I tried the default password ***** 777777 or 777 and I still get an error message. I am locked out of the system. I need to get in to program some new phone #s. The intercom is a Linear series TEC 1

777777 (7 six times) is the default password.

Did you buy the TEC-1 used?

No, but it is really old

Did you press * then 777777 then *?

With this unit you press # not *. If I put the # first I immediately get an error message

According to the user guide for the TEC1 series, you will press the * first.

I have the user guide. We have a building down the street and that uses the *. We have been using # for 15 years.
At thus building

Unfortunately, the user guide says to use the * key to program so if you are saying that you need to use the # key instead then I am out of ideas on this issue.

I would like my money back. You have not told me anything I didn't already know or have tried.

Sure, you can call 1-***-***-****

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer