Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I can't seem to change the message that people hear when…

Customer Question
I can't seem to...

I can't seem to change the message that people hear when they call in. Is the considered the exterior message?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Polycom Soundpoint 335

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?

This is the first I have tried to change it. It is a recorded message right now. I hit menu - messages, put in my password ***** did change external message. but when I call it is still the old message.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
8/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That may be the message or 'greeting' from the local phone system, not from your phone at all. In which case changing or altering the message on your own phone station, will not change the greeting callers in from outside will hear.

What other choices of message / 'greeting' do you have in the phone's settings, though? consider changing some of them also, to see if you can affect the message callers hear without having to get into the phone system stuff, which can be complicated and thus rather expensive too, often.

Let me know how that goes, please. I will help further as needed and as appropriate.