crash2199
crash2199, Customer Service
Experience:  5+ years experience
50836188

How can I make someone else's polycom phone at work who has

Customer Question

how can I make someone else's polycom phone at work who has left and i need to make it mine but can't figure out how to do that
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone system?
Customer: polycom sound point ip 331
JA: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?
Customer: everyone else's works but my phone broke so we had an extra from someone that doesnt' work here anymore. don't know password ***** anything
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
also just to let you know I have a Ethernet cord connected to our network and the Ethernet cord is connected to my phone and then another Ethernet cord is connected to a network hub box from my phone and also computer and printer connected to hub box. not sure if that matters.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Try a reset back to factory default settings - which will require you go through a basic setup on the phone afterward, but should erase all passwords from it:

- first, try Utilities - Phone Backup and Restore,

and then when there, you choose Restore Phone To Factory Settings and click on Restore.

- or if that isn't accessible, try this,

Hold down these four keys at the same time, for about three seconds until you hear a tone: Volume-, Volume+, Hold, and Handsfree.
- of if that doesn't work, try this, when the phone is booting up after power-on but before the password ***** shows up:

press and hold the 1, 3, 5, and 7 dial pad keys all at once.

(If need be after those resets, if prompted to Cancel, press the Cancel button, to clear the message.)

I hope this works for you. Before you go, please rate my answer - a five-star rating best expresses appreciation of the work I have done on answering your question usefully. Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've already done all that before I contacted ya'll and it didn't work. It won't let me change the password. I also need to change this phone from his
phone number and extension to my phone number and extension. Not sure how to do that. Possibly when I'm able to change
the password ***** will let me then. Also I'm just replying because I'm off on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can try. Thank you. Joni
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no I sure don't want to pay more. I thought it was only five dollars until I got to the end and another 30 dollars added.
which is fine as long as you are able to help me.
thanks for trying to help me out and I hope you can figure this out for me.
thank you
joni

I'm sorry to hear that the factory reset procedure failed to achieve the goal of resetting the administrator password ***** your Polycom phone. I do not know of any other means toward that goal, so with apologies, I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.

Expert:  crash2199 replied 2 months ago.

Do you still need help with your issue?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sure do
  • Press "Menu" on your Polycom phone
  • Navigate to "Settings" --> "Advanced". You will be prompted for a password. The default is "456", but this may have been changed by your administrator.
  • Select "Admin Settings"
  • Navigate down screen to "Reset to Default"
  • From the Reset to Defaults menu, navigate to "Reset to Factory"