Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

MY 3 year old VTECH home phone gave out two weeks ago. I…

Customer Question
MY 3 year old...

MY 3 year old VTECH home phone gave out two weeks ago. I read the pamphlet from when I bought it stating that batteries are good for 3 years. so then I went out and bought another VTECH..which I was never able to hook up...no matter what I did it wouldn't work or even get a dial tone....I have an att answering machine which worked well with vtech for those 3 years...so I took the new one back to the store for a refund. Then I went to another store and bought 2 NEW VTECHS AND I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME GET THEM TO WORK EITHER. I ALSO HAVE HAD FOR AGES MY ATT INTERNET SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO THE ATT ANSWERING MACHINE...ALL OF THEM WORKED FINE...THE NET AND ANSWER MACHINE STILL WORK, BUT WHY AM I HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING MY VTECH PHONE HOOKED UP AND A DIALTONE....WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? PLS HELP FOR I AM ABOUT OUT OF MY TRACFONE CELL MINUTES

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your TracFone phone?

MY TRACFONE IS NOT LINKED TO ANY OF MY DEVICES/ATT aS FAR AS I KNOW I HAVE NO NETWORK ON MY TRACFONE...DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT A TRACFONE IS?

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

MY LAPTOP HOOKS UP TO THE ATT/FRONTIER TALL STANDING WIRELESS MODEM...IT ALWAYS WORKED FINE WITH MY PREVIOUS VTECH. I DON'T HAVE TO PHYSICALLY CONNECT MY LAPTOP...ALL WIRELESS

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?

I HAVE NO SMARTPHONE..NEVER BOUGHT ONE AND WILL NEVER HAVE ONE FROM ALL THE BAD THINGS I'VE READ.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
8/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Could you tell me the model number of the new phone?

I assume this is the model no given on package..CD1113
I also bought a second vtech that said it would work in power outage...it cost less than above.
that trimstyle has number of CD1103...so now I have two vtechs and cannot get either one hooked up to get a dial tone.
I cannot afford that given I am on a small pension..already forked over five bucks to get to you.
does this mean I cannot receive any answer to my questions? If so, how do I get my
five dollars back..for which I rec'd no service?
we had a power outage here a few weeks back...but the vtech still worked fine
for a few days and then just plunk gave out....any chance that the power outage
had anything to do with it?

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

To be clear, this is a paid support service, it is not free help.

The fee is not 5, that was only the deposit to post your question. You agreed to the additional balance (total) fee on the payment page, which you were charged upon corresponding with me here.

Yes, that is the model number. Can you tell me where you are plugging these phones in at? Was it plugged to the same telephone wall jack used by your old vtech phone that previously worked?

WHY ON EARTH DID SOME DOOFUS JA PERSON SEND ME TO A LAWYER WHO WANTED 42 BUCKS FROM ME...NOT GOING THERE..YES, I DID PLUG IT IN JUST LIKE THE OTHER ONE WAS PLUGGED IN...SO WHAT IS THE EXACT PLACE THAT ALL THESE PLUGS GO INTO? THE CD1113 ONLY HAS ONE PLUG ON THE END AND THAT IS A LITTLE PLASTIC THINGY THAT I THOUGHT WENT INTO THE ANSWER MACHINE. IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHARGE ME BEYOND THAT FIVE BUCKS, LET'S JUST STOP HERE...ONCE AGAIN JUST ANSWER PROVES TO BE ONE BIG SCAM.
I DO NOT HAVE ANY 26 TO TALK AND FURTHER I AM UNABLE TO TALK AS MY PHONE IS NOT HOOKED UP...THAT IS WHY I AM ON LAPTOP..FURTHER A TEXT WAS SENT TO ME THAT WAS BOGUS...GAVE ME SOME NUMBERS TO INPUT BUT DIDN'T TELL ME WHERE TO INPUT...IT SAID GO TO JUSTANSWER WEBSITE...AND I DID AND NO VENUE TO INPUT THE TEXT....SO WHAT KIND OF A JOKE IS THIS HERE?
I AM DONE HERE...TO MUCH AGGRAVATION AND IF I SEE MORE THAN FIVE HAS BEEN CHARGED TO MY CREDIT CARD, BE ASSURED THAT THE FTC AND ATTORNEY GENERAL WILL BE ON EITHER JUST ANSWER OR THOSE WHO AREN'T UP FRONT WHEN YOU FIRST GET ON HERE..I WAS TOLD FIVE BUCKS,NOT ANY 42 OR 26!!! I HAVE TO GO NOW...AM ALREADY LATE FOR AN APPT...ENOUGH NONSENSE FOR NOW.

You signed up for the agreed upon fees on the payment page.

Posting here has no effect on what you paid. Any billing matters may be self managed from the help page.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer