Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I'm having a problem recording my personal message. Uniden,

Customer Question
I'm having a problem...

I'm having a problem recording my personal message.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Uniden

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Uniden system? What have you tried so far?

It's been going on about two weeks. I've tried to follow the directions in

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Phone Systems
8/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 year ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your system.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base unit.

2) What exactly happens when you TRY to record your personal message? For example, can you hear the message if it is played back?

3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Uniden Model BM 20486038
Spectrum is my phone company
When I follow the manual directions nothing happens.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'd like to get help to record my personal message.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing more to add.

Hi again,

The model sent (BM20486038) looks more like a SERIAL NUMBER (vs. model).

MOST Uniden models start with a letter, followed by four numbers.

Please let me know if you can find that format model.

Thanks

You MAY also be able to find the model of the system by look at the TITLE PAGE of the manual. Please check there too - and let me know what you see.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
DECT1480

Thanks so much.

Let me check my notes and see what I can find for that system.

OK - according to my notes, a "personal greeting" can be recorded by 1) accessing the answering system from any handset, waiting for any announcements to end, and

2) then pressing the 8 (eight) key. The system should say "Record greeting", and

3) then you begin to speak. When finished recording, press 8 again, and the greeting should be played back.

Did you get that far?

NOTE:

I just saw your call request, but unfortunately I'm not near a phone right now to be able to call. However another expert may respond to your call request before I can reach a phone.

We can also continue here in this chat/text form.

Please let me know if that will work for you.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Decline

Hi again,

I can not see what is on YOUR screen, so I don't know what the "Decline" is for.

Can you tell me how far you got into the "Record Greeting" process - on the Uniden system?