Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I am installing a new Panasonic Digital Cordless Answering…

Customer Question
I am installing a...

I am installing a new Panasonic Digital Cordless Answering System, Model No. KX-TGF340, ...342, 343, ....344,...345. The old Panasonic we had was making a rushing noise when in use, and phone calls are not coming in. Unfortunately the phone was bought at CostCo about 4 years ago, and we can't find the receipt.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

The new one is about 4 years old. The old one we had to replace is over ten years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The old one was making the rushing noise yesterday, and we pulled out the new one we bought, (as I said) about 4 years ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

Why is the phone not connecting.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
8/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 11 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Do you still have the OLD system available to be connected to the phone line, and if so, do you still hear the "rushing noise"?

2) Has the NEW system been connected to the phone line AND the AC adapter(s) that came with it?

3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) Do you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the Panasonic systems) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Dear Greg, 1) I still have the OLD system available to be connected to the phone line, yes and I still hear the rushing noise.
2) I think that the New system has has been connected to phone line AND the AC adapters, but I am not sure because the wires are grey and black and not all black as all the others are.
3) The phone service provider is AT&T.
4) I only have the cell phone that AT&T gave me, and my wife has a an Apple iPhone, and that is not working too well, but I don't think that it is connected in any way to the Panasonic systems .

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - is the AT&T service for the LANDLINE service?

And if so, is this a "U-verse based" system, or hard wired phone service?

NOTE:

I just saw your call request, but unfortunately I'm not near a phone right now to be able to call. However another expert may respond to your call request before I can reach a phone.

We can also continue here in this chat/text form.

Please let me know if that will work for you.

Thanks

Can you do a quick CHECK for me, and make sure the MAIN BASE stations is connected to the AC adapter AND the phone line - as shown in the attached diagram? Click the link to see the diagram.

Once connected - let me know what you see on the DISPLAY of the MAIN BASE station.

Thanks

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)