Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

When using the phone/talking, it switches to Intercom or…

Customer Question
When using the phone/talking...

When using the phone/talking, it switches to Intercom or Conference so we lose the call.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

About 15 yrs. old. Maybe a little less.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Started yesterday and we cannot find our book on it so did not know how to troubleshoot.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

Model # is KX-TG5100M.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
8/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This would indicate a hardware failure in the base station (if the issue happens with all the cordless handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

Let me know the results when you have a chance. Thank you, Nathan

I HAVE CANCELED YOU OFF OUR CREDIT CARD. WE DID NOT AGREE TO A MONTHLY CHARGE. THAT WAS NOT MY UNDERSTANDING WHEN YOU CHARGED THE $5.00. WE CANNOT AFFORD ANY MONTHLY CHARGE. JUST WANTED ONE ANSWER FOR OUR QUESTION NOT AN ADDITIONAL MONTHLY CHARGE!! DONOT CHARGE ANY FUTHER CHARGERS ON OUR ACCT. OR ACTION WILL BE TAKEN AGAINST YOU!!

You are not obligated to a monthly charge, you may use this as a one time fee and I provided an answer above under the terms you agreed to when signing up.

NOW, WHAT IS THE $26.00? QUIT CHARGING ME FEES. I HAVE CLOSED THE CREDIT CARD ACCT. AND YOU WILL NOT GET ANY MONEY FROM ME!

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

Again, I sent you instructions above, under the chat fee which you agreed to pay.