Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

With NBN arriving I am faced with the prospect of a VOIP

Customer Question

With NBN arriving I am faced with the prospect of a VOIP phone.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: With the prospect of NBN arriving I am faced with the need for a VOIP phone. I have a Panasonic Answering System (KX-TG2631AL) with two handsets and 2 Cordless phones (KX-TG2422AL). Can I connect all four to the VOIP line?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has not started. I only want to know in advance if the sets can be connected
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Both sets of phones will work fine.

NBN is a voip service, so you don't need a special digital phone, they will supply you with a voip gateway or ATA device, basically a small box with a few telephone ports on it which runs through your internet connection. In your case with 2 systems, you could plug a telephone cord in between that gateway box and an existing telephone wall jack. The other phones already in the home can then be routed to the gateway and supply your telephone connection.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,