Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Both of my Vtech phones say "line in use" when on the base…

Customer Question
Both of my Vtech...

Both of my Vtech phones say "line in use" when on the base and "no line" when off the base

Technician's Assistant: What VTech system do you have?

Model CS6419/CS6428/CS6429 That's what it says on the front of the manual

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your CS6419? What have you tried so far?

Model: CS6409

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?

Before this happened, there was a great deal of static on both lines

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
8/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 11 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you CONFIRM the FULL Model Number of the phone system - from the bottom or back of the MAIN base unit.

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) Do you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the main system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Full model # is CS6409
We have Comcast
Two handsets with same number on this line. Both showing "no line" then flashing "line in use"

Hi again and thanks for that information.

NOTE: The CS6409 model appears to be for an "Accessory Handset" - or the charger that comes with it.

Can you please find the MAIN BASE (LARGER BASE - with connections to the phone cord and AC power adapter), and send that model back to me?

And do you have ANY OTHER PHONES - NOT part of the Vtech system - attached to this phone line?

On the main base the model # is CS6419. No other phones attached to this line

OK - very good.

Do you have (or can get) a DIFFERENT phone - such as a basic corded phone - to connect to the phone line in place of the MAIN BASE?

NOTE: This would only be for TESTING PURPOSES - and even a borrowed phone would do for this TEST.

Thanks