Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have Vtech Dect 6.0 LS6425-2 model. When I am on a phone

Customer Question

I have Vtech Dect 6.0 LS6425-2 model. When I am on a phone call and I receive a second call via call waiting, my answer machine will not pick up that call. How do I set it so it will take a message from that second caller?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Vtech Dect 6.0 LS6425-2 model
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: When we changed from landline to VOIP and bought this new phone. We also have turned OFF AT&T's voicemail feature since we have the phone answering machine.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately that is simply not possible.

Your vtech does have an answering machine, but this is just a simple single line phone system. It is not possible for your vtech or any other phone for that matter to have that type of function with just a single line. Doing that would require a multiline phone that would roll incoming calls over to a 2nd line.

In your situation, if you don't answer call waiting, they'd just get a busy signal. The only possible way they could leave a message is on the ATT voicemail. You could switch back to using the voicemail and turn off the vtech answer system instead if you want that functionality.

Best regards,