Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My elderly father has a vtech sn6127 and the ringer somehow…

Customer Question
My elderly father has...

My elderly father has a vtech sn6127 and the ringer somehow got turned off. How do I turn it back on?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Vtech sn6127 less than a year

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

About a week. I tried various menu/select options, but couldn't find ringer off/on--only ringer volume.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?

Well, I'm not with the phone right now. I'll check back when I'm at Dad's apartment. I thought you could just give me instructions from here.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Josh, Customer Service

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Press MENU when the handset is not in use.

Press or press SELECT.

Press SELECT to select Ringer volume.

Press or Press SELECT to save. You hear a confirmation tone.

-OR-

Press VOL - or VOL + when the handset is not in use

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The problem is not the volume. The problem is that the ringer is off.

Is the volume turned all the way up? When it is turned all the way down, it will turn it off

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still waiting for phone call...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wifi is very spotty here. Would prefer phone call, but let's keep trying. OK: The problem is not the volume. The problem is that the ringer is off.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the volume is turned all the way up, on the base and on both handsets.
The answering machine is also not answering incoming calls.

There was an issue with your phone call request.

Please call 1-***-***-**** to fix the issue with our customer service

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know there was a problem with the phone call. I'd like to try to deal with the ringer problem here now.Isn't there a ringer on/ringer off setting?

When the volume is set at 0 (all the way down) then it is turned off.

If you turn the volume above the 0 setting then it will come back on

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The volume is all the way up on both handsets and on the base, but the phone does not ring.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In the manual under "troubleshooting," it suggests to check that the ringer is not off, but it does not tell me how to check that or how to turn the ringer on. That's what I'd like your help with.

The ringer is "off" when the volume is set at 0. In the manual, it is referring to the ringer being set at 0 volume.

Please unplug the phones from the wall outlet and wait 2 minutes

Plug them back in and try again

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. Please stay with my while I do so!

Sure; take your time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks!

You're welcome

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still not ringing, or answering machine picking up.

What happens when you call? What do you hear on the phone that is calling?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The usual ringing.
Also, I'm getting text alerts on my cell every time I get a message from you. How do I stop that? I'm having this conversation on my computer and don't want to pay for the texts.

I cannot see your account information but you can call our customer service at 1-***-***-**** to change the delivery method

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey, Josh, I'm afraid I have to go now. Can I pick up this conversation again later?

Yes, you can.