Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

How to change amount of rings from 4 to 6 or more model

Customer Question
How to change amount...

How to change amount of rings from 4 to 6 or more model kxtga653

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

10 years i have a model kx tga653

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Since i cannot find the manual i just hit buttons

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?

No i just to increase the amount of rings as i am now impaired by medical issues

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
7/31/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 11 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base unit (model sent (kx tga653) is for a cordless handset).

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

the number on bottom of set is kxtga653
no, can you help or not

Hi again,

If you can, please try to find the MAIN BASE station - which is a LARGER Base - that is connected to a phone cord and power adapter cable and see if you can find a DIFFERENT number there.

The format should be KX-TGxxxx - where xxxx is a 4-digit number. Also note that there is no "A" after the TG.

Thanks

newnumbers kx tg6572r s/n 3gcqb460976

Hi again and thanks so much for finding and sending the model number of the base.

To change the "ring count" of this system, please do the following steps - using the cordless handset - while NOT on a call.

1) Pick up the handset and press MENU soft key (button below the display).

2) Enter the code # 2 1 1 (pound-two-one-one).

3) Press the UP or DOWN arrow (top & bottom of "round key"), until the desired number of rings is highlighted.

4) Press the SAVE soft key (to save the selection).

5) Press the OFF button - to exit programming.

To see a demonstration how this should work, click the video link below.

Click Here for Video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV702EQAoec

Please give these steps a try and let me know your results.

And please let me know if you have any more questions.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

One other thing I should mention: The system should be TESTED - after the ring count change has been made successfully.

So if you can, try to have someone call on the Panasonic number and ask them to let the call ring as many times as needed, for the answering machine to pick up the call, and then have them leave a TEST MESSAGE.

I would also recommend that you call the rings also, and then listen to the TEST MESSAGE - just to make sure it is recorded.

Please let me know your results - when you can.

Thanks, ***** *****

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)