Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

We just moved our Verizon land line and it worked fine foe a…

Customer Question
We just moved our...

We just moved our Verizon land line and it worked fine foe a couple of weeks, but now all we get is a buzzing/static sound. We have brand new phone sets so they are not the problem.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone?

We replaced AT&T with Vtech. Both buzzed

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone? What have you tried so far?

Replaced older AT&T phones and unplugged and replugged Verizon unit.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
8/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I advise you to contact Verizon about this, if Verizon is the landline service provider that you now have. This is definitely a case for them, given that you have swapped out phones to make sure the phones are not the problem.

If you want to approach this gently, ask Verizon to do a line check for line noise. This is a routine measure that phone companies like to do since it helps them improve their quality of service.

I don't know what region you're in, nor what Verizon service precisely it is that you have - if you let me know, I can tell you exactly what phone # and what department of Verizon to contact. (Or you can call their general customer assistance number and tell them that, and they will hopefully route you to the right department. Their general customer service number is *****(###) ###-####)