Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have the cordless phone with 4 handsets. Beginning this

Customer Question

I have the cordless phone with 4 handsets. Beginning this weekend it says "line in use" but all of the phones are off.
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone system?
Customer: It is model KXTG7875S
JA: How long has this been going on with your KXTG7875S? What have you tried so far?
Customer: For about 2 days. I have checked to be sure all phones are off, I have unplugged the phone line and electrical outlet with the main phone that has the answering machine. I have one phone with a cord that is not a Panasonic and it allows you to call out on with a dial tone.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We can't get in coming calls on any of the phones and all of the cordless ones don't have a dial tone. The other phone that isn't cordless does have a dial tone
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:

1) If you disconnect the PHONE CORD from the MAIN BASE of the Panasonic system, does the text on the display CHANGE to something like "Check tel line"?

2) Is the OTHER CORDED PHONE (that does get a dial tone) connected to a DIFFERENT PHONE JACK -perhaps in a different room?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) Do you have to a DIFFERENT phone line - such as a cell phone - and if so can try a TEST CALL to the landline number (let me know what is heard if you can make that TEST CALL)?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)