Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

No power in the base. Handset says out of range. I called my…

Customer Question
No power in the...

No power in the base. Handset says out of range. I called my cable company and everything in OK with phone line. Model #CS6729-2 SN#Uy201231005. I bought the phone 12/29/16.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

7 months

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just started this afternoon.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
7/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This indicates a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

Let me know the results when you have a chance please.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.