Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My phone has a dial tone, but no calls are coming or going

Customer Question

My phone has a dial tone, but no calls are coming or going through my phone
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone system?
Customer: vtech cs 6429
JA: How long has this been going on with your VTech system? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I realized last week. I've tried resetting the phone multiple times.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't receive or send faxes either.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Please tell me, what phone service co. provides your phone line service?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Verizon

OK. Was any moving of the phone or phones done recently? or any phone cables disconnected for any reason, e.g. moving furniture or that sort of thing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, not at all.

Then, you have a problem on the line, probably with Verizon's 'switching' - if you have a dial tone, the line is intact, if you can dial but get nothing, the switching or routing or management of calling is down, defective, and it's presumably Verizon's fault.

Having a dial tone generally means your phone line hookups and phone line cabling to each device is OK. But I checked that yours hasn't been changed, and your fax doesn't work either, so it's a fault with Verizon's service. You will need to contact Verizon, identify yourself and your account with them, and complain about the problem... it might be easily set right within 1/2 hour at their end, who knows?

Do you need Verizon's Customer Service number? if so, tell me what state you are in (in case it matters) please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** already have their customer service number.

Very good. I hope they will straighten the problem out with reasonable promptness. Let me know if I can do anything more for you. And, before you go, please rate my answer - a five-star rating best expresses appreciation of the work I have done on getting you the right answer correctly and with all factors considered. Thanks.