Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a very old Panasonic telephone unit. My Verizon

Customer Question

I have a very old Panasonic telephone unit. My Verizon service was shut off in error for 3 days and when it was recovered all messages left for me on phone could not be accessed because the pin # that I have used for years was not recognized. How do I get that pin # activated?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Panasonic Model #KXTGA 421
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: July 21 Verizon shut off my service in error. They restored it July 24 but my pin# ***** ***** recognized when I try to retrieve my messages.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones or voicemail.

If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base unit (model sent is for a cordless handset).

2) How is the PIN "normally" entered (stored in the phone system or entered manually)?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

(im)