Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I am replacing a KX-TG7624 system with a KX-TG785. Is there

Customer Question

I am replacing a KX-TG7624 system with a KX-TG785. Is there a way to transfer the phone numbers from the old system into the new electronically instead of having to re-input all the numbers.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: the orignal phone is about 6 or 7 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am not having a problem with the phone. I have a new panasonic phone and I want to know if I can transfer the phone numbers from the old phone to the new phone
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

The short answer is no, there is no direct way to do such a transfer. These phones have no way to interact with each other and as they are 2 separate series the phones are not compatible with each other to exchange information.

With that said, there is a partial workaround possible - as these are both "link2cell" capable models, it may be possible for you to link a smartphone to the first system, sync the phone book between them, and then go link that same cell to the new phone system to sync their phonebooks. This really depends on your phone model though (cell phone) as not all features are compatible and there are several formatting limitations that prevent this from always working perfectly. If it doesn't, then the remaining option is to manually enter all the numbers.

You can sometimes ease that burden as well by just waiting a bit and over time allowing people to call you, as they do, you can save their entries from your caller id to the phone book, rather than having to enter them all on your own.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.