Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Purchased Panasonic Home Phone (KX-TGF382M w/2 Cordless

Customer Question

Purchased Panasonic Home Phone (KX-TGF382M w/2 Cordless Handsets) 4 Oct 2016. Everything Worked OK Until Last Week. All Functions Seem To Work Fine, Except I Can Not Answer Incoming Calls From Base Unit or Either Handset. I Replaced 2 Batteries in Base Unit But Still Unable To Answer Any on The Three Units.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: New 4 Octobeer 2016.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Followed Procedure for Troubleshoot in Instrucyion Manual, But Nothing Corrects Problem.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NothingElse.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line (landline)?

2) Can you still make OUTGOING CALLS successfully?

3) What happens when you TRY to pick up an incoming call?

For example, does the ringing STOP or continue, do you hear ANYTHING on the line - when listening in the receiver, etc.?

4) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly - for picking up calls?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** If you see ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks