Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Phone says line in use, not true, vtech, on outside of house

Customer Question

phone says line in use, not true
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone system?
Customer: vtech
JA: How long has this been going on with your VTech system? What have you tried so far?
Customer: on outside of house in telephone box it works , 24 hours phone inside line in use. before this happened the phone rang with a 35 second long ring, than this message showed up
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: we have 4 phones on this line and we removed all phones, than put them back in use. still line in use
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the main base station, not the handset)