Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Greg,My VTech Cs6649-2 was purchased two months ago (May

Customer Question

Hello Greg,My VTech Cs6649-2 was purchased two months ago (May 2017). After only a month of use, the phone began to have connection failures. For example, I would receive an incoming call on the primary phone unit and experience a signal disconnect.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: . . . continued from earlier msg . . . I could hear callers, but they could not hear me. The call would disconnect and the satellite phones would ring. The phone is only two months old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have checked all the connections but nothing else
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I have described the problem
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) When you say "primary phone" - does that mean the CORDED handset attached to the MAIN BASE or something else?

2) When you say "signal disconnect" - what is seen or heard at that time?

3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) Do you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the Vtech system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** If you see ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)