Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a Panasonic phone and for some reason the light on

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic phone and for some reason the light on the top of the phone keeps blinking and the display says "Voicemail msg via phone co." I want to turn the light off and get rid of the message
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: model # KX-TGE270
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: two days - gone through menu on phone but can't access voice mail or get rid of light
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just need help so I can go to bed without light flashing
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Can you do a quick TEST for me? That TEST is to pick up any handset - while NOT on a call - press the TALK (or SP-PHONE) button, and QUICKLY LISTEN for a dial tone. Please let me know if you hear ANYTHING BEFORE the STEADY dial tone - such as a few beeps or pulsed dial tones.

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** If you see ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
4 plus base, all sets have the same problem
comcast
yes, I hear five quick beats/tones
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - the " five quick beats/tones " you are hearing are actually a "signal" - from the service provider - that THEIR "Voicemail system" is turned ON - and there is either a NEW message waiting for you OR the system needs some kind of "attention" (needs to be set up, cleared, reset, etc.)?

As long as you hear that signal, the lights will continue to flash - along with the Voicemail msg via phone co." text on the display of each handset.

So let me see if you can use the following steps to ACCESS the Comcast system, and see what attention that system needs.

How to Comcast access voicemail:
Pick up handset and listen for CLEAR dial tone (press TALK or phone button if needed).
Dial * 9 9 (star-nine-nine - from home phone)
Enter password ***** prompted

Please give that a try and let me know what you hear and IF you can access that Voicemail system.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It will be okay in the end
If it isn't okay, it isn't the end.All is well except that I have been charged $31.00 and I thought I had agreed to $5.00...not your fault but very dishonest of this company
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again,

We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have no access to ANY of your private information or account OR control of any fees.

Typically there is a $5 deposit - to POST your question - PLUS an agreed upon amount presented during the process of asking your question.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department at the following page:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Back to the issue at hand:

Were you ABLE to access the Comcast Voicemail system, and if so, what was heard when you tried?

Thanks