Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I just purchased a panasonic KX-TG785SK cordless phone

Customer Question

I just purchased a panasonic KX-TG785SK cordless phone system. The instructions stated that I need need aDSL/ADSL filter to connect to my cable.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: It is a cordless phone KX-TG785SK
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just purchased the phone. I just read the instructions on page 12. It stated that DSL/ADSL filter for a phone connected with a DSL.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Have you TRIED connecting the phone cord to the provider's phone outlet - to TEST if the system works without the filter.

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Do you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the new system) attached to this same phone line and if so, do they have a filter inline and are they (and have been) working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** If you see ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks