Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I have a base and 2 handsets,KX-TG1061.One of the handsets

Customer Question
is not functioning.The batteries are...
I have a base and 2 handsets,KX-TG1061.One of the handsets is not functioning.The batteries are fully charged but the screen is blank.Any
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Model #KX-TG1061,About 10 years old,but the handset has not been used
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have done everything in the manual
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Had no use for 2 handsets until recently.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
7/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you try swapping the batteries between the 2 handsets and see if the same problem continues on the "bad" handset or carries over to the other?

Did that, same result.
I do not agree to authorizing anymore charges

Im not asking you to pay more, you may ignore those offers from the site.

Thank you for checking,

that would unfortunately confirm that this is a hardware failure, meaning that 1 handset is defective.

These are not repairable, and would need to be replaced. Given the age of the system however, the replacements are not readily available and even if they were the cost of a single add on handset would be as much or more than the cost of starting over with a brand new system.

If you opt to replace, here is a model I'd suggest, available on amazon: http://amzn.to/2utJAou

My apologies for the news.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

I did not authorize anything but $5.00,yet I see another charge on my Visa card!

The 5 was the initial deposit to post your question, I believe the full/total amount was displayed on the payment page.

You may contact customer service on the help/account page with any questions. We're all independent techs here so I'm not able to see that side of things.

If my Visa account is credited with the $36.00 that was charged to the account, I will consider giving you a good rating. Having been in the business world many years,I realize that you probably have little or no control over the
charges!
Nathan, Technician